- Practical: Develop contract drafting, analysis, and negotiation skills by solving realistic problems.
- Interactive: Receive immediate feedback on everything and chat directly with the course author.
- On-demand: Whenever works for diving into Praktio's self-paced, bite-sized training modules.
Thank you for putting this program together! As a newly arrived associate, I found it very helpful for getting a bigger picture view of how things work in the deals I’m on."
Associate at Cleary Gottlieb
Be more effective working with contracts—and learn more each time you do.
- Learn foundational practical contract concepts and skills that translate to all contracts.
- Receive a guided tour of realistic contract examples, including how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Reinforce lessons through exercise, solving problems through contract drafting and analysis.
Is in-house for you?
Review a treasure trove of advice and perspective from experienced in-house counsel at prominent companies in our Q&A Resource Center. Or take a quick, fun quiz to see if in-house is for you. Why not do both?
For lawyers, by a lawyer
Founder & CEO
Hi, I'm Michael, and I have been curating spaces for students and professionals to make mistakes—and learn from them—since 2009.
Before I started Praktio, I was a law professor at the University of Michigan and the University of Chicago. I saw the need for students to get hands-on experience when it came to working with contracts; so, I founded transactional clinics at Michigan and Chicago to give law students the opportunity to work, under my supervision, for some of the biggest companies around the world and innovative local startups and nonprofits too. I've also written a couple books on practical contracts (published by Aspen/Wolters Kluwer).
Having practiced at a large law firm (Sidley in Chicago) and having transitioned from there to academia (and then again into a legal edtech startup), I know first-hand the excitement and challenge presented by a potential career move.